Sunday, August 13, 2006

Stubborn Girl

Growing up, during those times when I was being particularly ornery, my mother would shout, "When you grow up I hope you have a daughter JUST LIKE YOU!" When I learned that I was having a girl, I wondered if my mother's curse would come true. And although Leila is only a mere six months old, she's showing signs of true stubbornness.

Today, after Simi, Asher, and I returned from a trip to the Dollar Store and the pet store, Leila was in her entertainment center when we walked in. The boys were busy opening their booty and I was busy putting the shopping away. Leila was all excited and wanted to be with me. Except I was busy. So Leila got loud. And mad. And by the time she got my attention, she was pounding her fists and stomping her feet. She was MAD.

That's my girl.

No comments: