Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Speaking of Crashes

We identified the cause of Asher's most recent allergic reaction. He suffered an allergic reaction from the Bactrim that we're giving him to kill the MRSA infection. I figured it out on Monday after a rash popped out all over his body. A google search confirmed that others have had the exact same side effects as Asher. Why aren't these side effects listed on the literature given with the medication????

It's encouraging that he managed to go for 9-12 days before suffering a reaction. And hopefully that was enough time to rid his body of the MRSA. We intend to do a follow-up test to check and will use a different antibiotic if necessary.

Asher is still recuperating. This reaction wiped him out completely.

In other news:
  • On our way to the pediatrician's office yesterday to have him checked out, Asher and I got into a car accident. So we then got to go to urgent care for both the allergic reaction and the car accident. We were driving the Subaru. I'm hoping that it gets totalled; I've always hated that car.
  • Our sweet 14 year-old Spotted Dog is really struggling health wise. He was still behaving like a puppy just a few months ago; now he's acting his age. The thought of losing him is devastating.
  • I got a new job!

1 comment:

Duchess said...

OK, wow...congrats on the new job! I am so sorry to hear of your dog's decline...it is so hard to watch any member of the family suffer...take care of yourself after the accident, and I will send bad ju-ju thoughts to the Subaru...glad to hear that you know the cause of Asher's latest struggle and I have my fingers crossed that the MRSA is history.